Saturday 26 January 2013

Ready to Confess Published, and The Great Edit-a-Thon of 2013

Part seven of His Darkest Desire is finally out and available to purchase on Amazon and Smashwords! It's crunch time for Nina and Elliot, and things are about to get dramatic!

Losing hope of ever reuniting with Elliot again, Nina finds herself sinking deeper into the sordid world of BDSM. Unable to find fulfilment with her new Master, her desperation leads to yet another humiliating public display - and a turn of events that force her to confront what she is doing. Does she have the strength to make a stand, or is Nina destined to live a life of servitude?

In other publishing news, it's become clear to me that at some point I'm going to have to go back and re-edit... well, everything I've published. Given that I'm not in a position to afford professional editing yet, all of my stories have been self-edited so far. While I'm confident most of my work is at a decently readable standard, I know for a fact there are lots of awkward sentences lying around and inappropriate uses of commas that I should correct. I've already picked up a heck of a lot of tips to improve my prose over the past six months, and I'm certain it shows in the difference between my recent work and those earlier erotic shorts.

So there's a lot of editing to do over the course of the coming year. The other day I calculated that I've already published at least a novel's worth of smut spread out over my various shorts, so going back over all of it is a pretty daunting task. It's probably going to mean taking a couple of weeks off writing to get that much editing done (unless I spread it out, which I might do), and I want to get His Darkest Desire finished before I take any more significant breaks. My current estimate is that it'll be concluded in two more parts, which'll be coming out roughly once a fortnight. So maybe, just maybe, I might get to work on that editing around a month from now.

Oh wait, I'll have another essay to do then.
Maybe later.

Next up on the writing schedule: Part two of Wild Instincts!

No comments:

Post a Comment