Thursday 17 January 2013

Winter is Dumb

Go away winter. I've had enough of you already.

So does anyone else get super-noticeable seasonally affective disorder once winter really starts to kick in? This past week the temperature's absolutely plummeted, it's gloomy and grey, and I find myself needing to wrap up in a bathrobe to get to sleep. It's a massive pain in the butt, because my body and brain start to completely shut down once things get this wintery. Getting up in the mornings is a massive chore, mustering the enthusiasm to get anything done takes twice as long as usual, and my productivity goes out the window. I feel like a bear that just wants to curl up and hibernate in a cave till the sun comes out again.

Baah, humbug. I can't even think of an interesting topic to blog about, so I've had to resort to complaining about not having an interesting topic to blog about. To make matters worse I not only want to stay on schedule with my weekly publishing, but I also have an essay due next Thursday as well. Everything about this weather brings to mind long gloomy walks to school on winter mornings, trudging through the cold and the damp to a classroom where you just knew you weren't going to be able to focus on anything for the rest of the day. It reminds me what a depressingly grey place England can be half the time.

I guess I shouldn't really be complaining though. I mean it's not like I have a job to get fired from because I'm taking time off to hibernate. And hey, there's always the thought that tomorrow'll be brighter, right? Right?

Brr, I'm going to go point a warm hairdryer at my face. More erotica by next week, hopefully!

No comments:

Post a Comment